Accountancy and Finance
Ever since we've had some form of money to trade for goods and services, there have been people recording it, managing it, investing it and losing it!
- Accountants understand and manage the finances of all kinds of organisation, and are employed in many roles.
- Financial planners help individuals and families to set and achieve personal financial goals throughout life. They help organisations to match their finances to their organisational goals and issues.
- Investment managers manage individuals' and organisations' assets and credit, and deal with pensions (the money you save while you are working to use when you retire).
- Regulators support the work of accountants and financiers and make sure both the professionals and the professional bodies that regulate them are doing their jobs properly and protecting consumers.
- Taxation and payroll professionals help people calculate their tax and pay their employees.
Find out more about working in the Accountancy and Finance sector:
- Jobs and salaries
- Routes and qualifications
- Funding and support
- What's it really like working in Accountancy and Finance?
- How many jobs in Accountancy and Finance are out there?
- Location, location, location
- Will a career in Accountancy and Finance suit me?